Residents in several flood-affected communities are invited to come along to Flood Recovery Information Roadshows next week.
The small-scale multi-agency events are providing advice and information and answering questions for people returning to flood-hit communities. They will also be listening to residents about the sort of support they need.
Wednesday, 19 March:
- Stathe 10.30 to 11.45 Nr junction of Stathe Road and Stathe Drove
- Oath 12.00 to 13.15 OathHill Farm Yard
- Wick 13.30 to 14.45 LakeHouse Drove
- Stoke St Gregory 15.00 to 16.15 outside the village hall
Thursday, 20 March
- Chadmead 10.30 to 11.45 Off Middlemoor Drove
- North Newton 11.50 to 13.00 outside the village hall
- East Lyng 13.15 to 14.45 the Rose and Crown Car Park
Events took place earlier in the week in Muchelney and Thorney, and it is hoped that an event will take place in Moorland soon.
As well as staff from Somerset County Council whose responsibilities include highways, other relevant agencies are due to be represented, such as waste, Public Health, the Environment Agency and the relevant district council.
Leader of Somerset County Council, John Osman, said: “This is a multi-agency effort and these events are about getting out into the communities, giving what information advice and support we can, and seeing what else it is that people need.”