Home owners and businesses directly affected by the floods can apply for a grant of up to £5,000 to help reduce the risk of flooding of their properties in the future.
The Government-funded Repair and Renew Grant scheme can provide grants for additional flood resilience or resistance measures for homes and businesses hit by the recent floods, over and above repairs that would normally be covered by insurance.
Affected residents need to apply to their local district council to bid for the grant.
- Sedgemoor: Tel. 0845 408 2540 or local rate 01278 435435, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.sedgemoor.gov.uk/press
- South Somerset: Tel. 01935 462507, email email@example.com or visit www.southsomerset.gov.uk/repairandrenew
- Taunton Deane: Tel. 01823 356559, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.tauntondeane.gov.uk/irj/public/services/directory/service?rid=/wpccontent/Sites/TDBC/Web%20Pages/Services/Services/Repair%20and%20Renew%20Grant
- West Somerset: Tel. 01823 356559, email email@example.com or visit www.westsomersetonline.gov.uk/repairrenewgrant
- Mendip: Tel. 0300 303 8588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org