Friday 4 April, 2014
For latest weather forecasts, visit the Met Office www.metoffice.gov.uk
For flood warnings, visit www.environment-agency.gov.uk or call 0345 988 1188.
Repair and Renew grants
Home owners and businesses directly affected by the floods can now apply for a grant of up to £5,000 to help reduce the risk of flooding of their properties in the future.
The Government-funded Repair and Renew Grant scheme can provide grants for additional flood resilience or resistance measures for homes and businesses hit by the recent floods, over and above repairs that would normally be covered by insurance.
Affected residents need to apply to their local district council to bid for the grant.
- Sedgemoor: Tel. 0845 408 2540 or local rate 01278 435435, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.sedgemoor.gov.uk/press
- South Somerset: Tel. 01935 462507, email email@example.com or visit www.southsomerset.gov.uk/repairandrenew
- Taunton Deane: Tel. 01823 356559, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.tauntondeane.gov.uk/irj/public/services/directory/service?rid=/wpccontent/Sites/TDBC/Web%20Pages/Services/Services/Repair%20and%20Renew%20Grant
- West Somerset: Tel. 01823 356559, email email@example.com or visit www.westsomersetonline.gov.uk/repairrenewgrant
- Mendip: Tel. 0300 303 8588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canalside Flood Assistance Centre Meeting 9 April
These meetings continue to be well attended and will take place again this Wednesday, 9 April at the Canalside Conference Centre in Bridgwater. Running from 5.30pm until 8pm the meetings are a chance for people who have been affected by the flooding to meet and talk, and access a variety of agencies, which can offer advice and assistance regarding the aftermath of flooding, covering everything from insurance and grants to emotional support. All the relevant agencies involved in flood recovery are represented. Advice and assistance will be available from 5.30pm, with agencies available to answer questions from 6pm.