Parents of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are invited to events across the county to share their views, ask questions and find out more about SEND in Somerset.
Taking place throughout June, parents can find out at the events how SEND services are delivered in Somerset. They can speak to volunteers and council officers, as well as representatives from Somerset’s Parent Carer Forum. Plus they can give their opinion on improvements to school buildings for SEND, find out about opportunities for young people as they move in to adulthood, and much more!
The events have been organised by the Somerset Parent Carer Forum in partnership with Somerset County Council. The Forum is a group of passionate parents who want to make a difference to children and young people with SEND.
Ruth Hobbs, Director of Somerset’s Parent Carer Forum, said: “The events have been designed using feedback from our members on the areas they want more information on. We are really looking forward to the events and the opportunity for parents to have their voice heard and for Somerset County Council to listen to people’s experiences. Even if you are not sure if this event is for you I would recommend you pop along and find out what is available locally.”
Cllr Frances Nicholson, Cabinet Member for Children and Families at Somerset County Council, said: “These are great events for parents of children with special educational needs and disabilities. You will be able to find out lots of information and discover how you can have your say on the future of SEND services.”
The events will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday 13 June from 11am to 1pm at Bridgwater and Albion Rugby and Football Club (TA6 4TZ).
- Tuesday 13 June from 5pm to 7pm at Creative Innovation Centre in Taunton (TA1 3PF).
- Thursday 22 June from 11am to 1pm at Frome Council Chamber, Frome Town Hall (BA11 1EB).
- Thursday 22 June from 5pm to 7pm at Brookside Academy in Street (BA16 0PR).
- Tuesday 27 June from 11am to 1pm at Yeovil Rugby Club (BA22 9TR).
- Thursday 29 June from 11am to 1pm at The Beach Hotel in Minehead (TA24 5AP).
Book your space by going to www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/somerset-county-council-and-somerset-parent-carer-forum-13959803348 or call 01823 356254.
Children are welcome but please confirm numbers when you book.