Test your riding and driving skills at a fun road safety event with activities for the whole family taking place near Yeovil next week.
Somerset Moto Fest 2017 is a completely free event run by Somerset County Council’s road safety team and held at the Fleet Air Arm museum on Saturday and Sunday 9-10 September from 10am to 4pm.
Attendees will receive a discounted entry to the museum as well as meeting with main motorcycle and car dealerships, training organisations, DVSA, Highways England, emergency services, cycle dealers and various demonstrations.
- Test your motorcycle slow riding ability
- Hone your skills at parallel or bay parking
- Try out one of the new dealer-provided vehicles fitted with parking assistance programmes and learn more about the safety features available.
- Take an assessed ride or drive accompanied by an advanced rider or driver
- Try one of the demonstration bikes or cars from the dealers
- See how the emergency services help keep the community safe
- Life-saving advice and demonstrations
- Children’s play area
- Food and drinks available at the Swordfish Restaurant.
- Free competitions running daily with great prizes
Cllr John Woodman, Somerset County Council’s Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport, said: “We’re always looking for ways to engage with road users and promote important road safety messages in a fun and entertaining way.
“Somerset Moto Fest is looking to be a fantastic new event for Somerset with plenty to see, do and learn – and all for free.”
For further information on Somerset Moto Fest visit: www.somersetroadsafety.org/page/somerset-moto-fest/240/
For more information on road safety, please visit www.somersetroadsafety.org. You can also find Somerset Road Safety on Facebook www.facebook.com/somersetroadsafety, Twitter www.twitter.com/SCC_RoadSafety, or Instagram www.instagram.com/somersetroadsafety.