Somerset Moto Fest is once more almost upon us and it’s looking to be bigger and better than last year.
Organised by Somerset County Council’s Road Safety Team, the free event will take place on Saturday and Sunday, 15 and 16 September, at the world-famous Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovil.
It’s for anyone and everyone with a passion for motors be they four-wheeled or two, sponsored by IAM RoadSmart, Rowcliffes Vauxhall and Bransons Motorcyles.
There will be a host of great motor-based activities for all the family, as well as priceless information about staying safe on the road, including details of all the training that’s available.
This year we will be joined on the Saturday by Max Luckes Racing; Max Luckes is a passionate expert level motocross racer looking to progress and achieve in the sport. He will be on hand to talk about his passion for racing and will have his machines on display.
Cyclists are not forgotten with dealership displays of a range of cycles including electric bikes from Cog & Sprocket of Street, with advice also available from the county’s Bikeability trainers. We will also be exhibiting the latest electric moped scooters, ideal for eco-commuting.
Last year’s inaugural events attracted crowds of around 2,000 and Councillor John Woodman, Somerset County Council’s Cabinet Member for Highways, hopes this year it will be even more popular.
He said: “Somerset Moto Fest is a great event with something for all the family to enjoy and you could also come back with information that could help save your life.”
“If you’re looking for a fun day out with plenty to see and do, and all for free, then Moto Fest is for you.”
- Electric Trials bikes supplied by ElectrickBlitz for all to try out from 5 years to adult
- Motorcycle slow riding skills, prizes available for best effort
- Children’s play area
- Food and drinks available at the Swordfish Restaurant
Visitors will also receive a 50 per cent discount on ticket prices to the Fleet Air Arm museum, vouchers available from the Road Safety display vehicle.
Other attractions available over the weekend include:
- Try one of the demonstration bikes or cars from the dealers
- See how the emergency services help keep the community safe
- Life-saving demonstrations
- See the range of new Vauxhall and Audi cars available from your local dealers as well as a full range of Japanese motorcycles
- Cycling advice from local bike organisations
- Prize draws
For more information on Somerset Moto Fest visit: http://somersetroadsafety.org/page/somerset-moto-fest/240/
For details on how to get to Somerset Moto Fest and about the Fleet Air Arm Museum visit: http://www.fleetairarm.com