Somerset Motofest – it’s back for the third year running and is anticipated to be bigger and better than before.
Organised by Somerset County Council’s road safety team, and sponsored by IAM RoadSmart, Rowcliffes of Taunton and Bransons Motorcycles, Somerset Motofest takes place on Saturday and Sunday, 22 and 23 June, at the world-famous Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovil.
Motofest is for anyone with a passion for motors, be they four-wheeled or two. There will be a host of great activities for all the family, as well as priceless information about staying safe on the road including details of all the further training opportunities that are available – and all for free!
Last year’s event attracted around 2500 people over the course of the weekend. There’s something for all the family and all those who attend receive a 50% discount on ticket prices to the fantastic Fleet Air Arm museum.
- Motorcycle slow riding skills, prizes available for best effort
- Hone skills at parallel or bay parking
- Take an assessed ride or drive accompanied by an advanced rider or driver
- Book a demonstration of models on display from the car and motorbike dealers
- See how the emergency services help keep the community safe
- Life-saving demonstrations
- Horse and rider safety guidance from the British Horse Society and Police Mounted Unit
- Child car seat fitting advice
- Cycling advice from local bike organisations
- Trade stalls
- Prize draws
- Children’s play area
- Food and drinks available at the Swordfish Restaurant
Councillor John Woodman, Somerset County Council’s Cabinet Member for Highways, said: “Somerset Motofest is a fantastic free event with something for all the family to enjoy. There’ll be plenty to see and do and you could also pick up some vital information that could someday save your life or the lives of your loved ones.”
For more information on Somerset Motofest visit: http://somersetroadsafety.org/page/somerset-moto-fest/240/
For details on how to get to Somerset Motofest and about the Fleet Air Arm Museum visit: http://www.fleetairarm.com