Somerset Motofest is back for its third year at the end of this month ready to entertain all riders – including motorbikes, mopeds, bicycles or horses.
Organised by Somerset County Council’s Road Safety team, and sponsored by IAMRoadSmart, Rowcliffes of Taunton and Bransons Motorcycles, Somerset Motofest takes place on Saturday and Sunday, 22 and 23 June, at the world-famous Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovil.
Somerset Motofest welcomes all types of rider and will have something to keep everyone entertained. For bikers, there’s a range of stockists and organisations on hand offering further training opportunities. If cycling is more your thing then TRIUK, the UK’s largest triathlon retailer and mail order specialist, will be on hand to provide advice on all the latest cycling products.
Horse riders will find helpful advice on horse safety from the British Horse Society and the team from the Avon and Somerset Constabulary Mounted Section will be available.
Drivers won’t be forgotten as there will be plenty of agencies and organisations available for motor enthusiasts.
There will be a host of great activities for all the family, as well as priceless information about staying safe on the road including details of all the further training opportunities that are available – and all for free!
Last year’s event attracted around 2500 people over the course of the weekend. There’s something for all the family and all those who attend receive a 20% discount on ticket prices to the fantastic Fleet Air Arm museum.
- Motorcycle slow riding skills, prizes available for best effort
- Show deals on Advanced Driving & Riding courses
- Take an assessed ride or drive accompanied by an advanced rider or driver
- Book a demonstration of models on display from the car and motorbike dealers
- See how the emergency services help keep the community safe
- Life-saving demonstrations
- Horse and rider safety guidance from the British Horse Society and Police Mounted Unit
- Child car seat fitting advice
- Cycling advice from local bike organisations
- Trade stalls
- Prize draws
- Children’s play area
- Food and drinks available at the Swordfish Restaurant
Councillor John Woodman, Somerset County Council’s Cabinet Member for Highways at Somerset County Council, said: “Whatever your favourite mode of transport, Somerset Motofest will have something for you. It’s going to be a great free family weekend that includes 20% discount off access to the world-famous Fleet Air Arm Museum and could also provide you with the road safety knowhow to keep you and your loved ones safe.”
For more information on Somerset Motofest visit: http://somersetroadsafety.org/page/somerset-moto-fest/240/
For details on how to get to Somerset Motofest and about the Fleet Air Arm Museum visit: http://www.fleetairarm.com