You can have your say on a proposal to bring an enterprise centre to Chard at a public drop-in event next week.
Somerset County Council is considering investing in and creating the centre to support local businesses and to promote business growth.
The Council is looking at the potential demand in the town and Chard Town Council is hosting a drop-in session on Thursday 6 February to give local people an opportunity to find out more and let us know what you think of the scheme.
The drop-in session is at the Chard Town Council Hall on Thursday 6 February 3pm to 7.00pm.
Please feel free to come along to find out more, whether you are a business, local resident or just someone who wants to know more.
The proposed Chard Enterprise Centre, if it gets local support, would become one of the latest additions to the long established and successful Somerset Enterprise Network (SME).
The centre would deliver over 466 square metres of office space over two floors. Units will have NGA broadband and will be let on all-inclusive, easy-in, easy-out terms and will be open to new businesses and established SMEs.
The proposed site is the Beeching Close Industrial Estate on SCC-owned land off the A358 in Chard.
The enterprise centre network offers business support which is carried out by the centre operators and is open to both tenants and external businesses. Support includes:
- An initial business assessment as tenants arrive at the centre.
- Referrals to existing business support provision, ensuring alignment wherever possible.
- Offering business support, including business planning and reviewing, assisting the preparation of funding applications and offering general business advice.
- Organising and hosting networking events and themed talks around topics of interest to businesses.
- Creation of an intranet that allows tenants to interact, access support and explore business opportunities.
- Regular catch ups with tenants to identify any emerging support needs followed by effective referrals if required.
- Tailored business support services where no provision is identified to be available through mainstream routes.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by Communications