Major road works scheduled to take place next week (25/1 – 31/1) by the Somerset highways team.
|Street||Town||Proposed Start Date||Proposed End Date||Working days||Work|
|BROAD OAK HILL||BISHOPS LYDEARD||25/01/2021||27/01/2021||2||Drainage scheme|
|WHEDDON CROSS TO BRIDGETOWN ROAD||DULVERTON||25/01/2021||27/01/2021||2||Depot patching|
|SILVER STREET||BRUTON||25/01/2021||27/01/2021||3||Drainage repairs|
|WEST BAGBOROUGH ROAD||BISHOPS LYDEARD||25/01/2021||29/01/2021||5||Drainage repairs|
|ROSSITERS ROAD||FROME||25/01/2021||05/02/2021||10||Renew footway|
|WILLITON ROAD||BISHOPS LYDEARD||25/01/2021||05/02/2021||10||Urgent highways structural scheme|
|MARSTON ROAD||FROME||25/01/2021||09/02/2021||12||New water main|
|STATION ROAD||CASTLE CARY||25/01/2021||26/02/2021||25||New access to development|
Here are planned/ongoing works taking place this week from other contractors.
- B3355 Silver Street, Stratton-on-the-Fosse (Route G4) – closed for housing development work (authorised by Bath & North East Somerset Council) for 215 days, 5th July to 5th February. Due to lack of space to turn gritter around, please omit the section north of B3139 Wells Road, as we did previously during the winter of 2019/2020.
- Rodden Road, Frome (Route F1) – closed for Network Rail repairs to Rodden Railway Bridge for 91 days, 2nd November to 31st January.
- A358 Hankridge Duals and interchange roundabout, Taunton (Routes D5 & D6) – SCC M5 Junction 25 Blackbrook A358 Major Improvement Scheme. Overnight road closures.
- A30 Honiton Road, west of Chard (Route Y1) – closed for SCC drainage works for 39 days, 4th January to 12th February.
- B3139 Wells Road, Panborough (Route G2) – closed for BT cabling work for 5 days, 18th January to 22nd January.
- B3190 Washford Cross to Fair Cross (Routes M3 & M4) – closed for BT telegraph pole replacement work between 09:00 and 17:00 for 5 days, 18th January to 22nd January.
- St Michaels Avenue, Yeovil (Route Y3) – closed for installation of SCC Small Improvement Scheme between 07:30 and 18:00 for 5 days, 18th January to 22nd January.
- Tanners Hill, Huish Champflower to Clatworthy (Route D3) – closed for Wessex Water water main work for 14 days, 18th January to 5th February.
- Old A303, Whitelackington (Route Y1) – closed for Wessex Water carriageway reinstatement work for 12 days, 18th January to 29th January.
- Rossiters Road & Rossiters Hill, Frome (Route F2) – closed for SCC footway works for 12 days, 25th January to 5th February.
- B3139 Wells Road, Panborough (Route G2) – closed for BT cabling work for 5 days, 25th January to 29th January.
- A358 Minehead Road, Combe Florey (Route M4) – closed for SCC verge/embankment repairs for 19 days, 25th January to 12th February.
- A371 Axbridge to Shute Shelve (Route D1) – closed for private tree cutting works for 13 days, 25th January to 6th February.
- A359 Silver Street, Bruton (Routes G5 and F2) – closed for installation of SCC Small Improvement Scheme between 07:00 and 18:00 for 3 days, 25th January to 27th January.
- Trull Road, Taunton (Compass Hill to Wilton Grove (Route D4) – closed for BT cabling work for 5 days, 25th January to 29th January.
- Houlgate Way, Axbridge (Route D1) – closed for Gigaclear cabling work for 21 days, 1st February to 21st February.
- Scotts Hill, Washbattle Bridge to Huish Champflower (Route D3) – closed for Wessex Water water main work for 19 days, 1st February to 19th February.
If you have any queries, please get in contact with us on Twitter @TravelSomerset